Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Party of Eight (or more)

Ok. So we weren't planning on having a party of eight of more in our bedroom at 2-3am on Monday morning. It all begins like this...

We thought we got the roach problem under control in the apartment and did most of the moving Sunday evening. We brought most of the stuff to the apartment late Sunday night. I finally crawled into bed a little after midnight. It would be a little farther to work, and items are all over the place, so I was planning on getting up around 5 or 5:30am. I did not sleep well at all, and at about 2:15am, I got up to go pee. At that time I saw two roaches on the wall by our bed. As I sat and watched, I saw one crawl across my alarm clock. I saw at least six all around the upstairs in a matter of minutes. I was keeping my eyes on Ezekiel in his crib. After waking Daniel up, I saw one on his crib. We then put both the boys in the car. I didn't even grab diapers/diaper bags and headed back to my parents. There was a party of eight or more in our bedroom and no one was invited.

They (Grammy & Grandpa) had the extra crib set up by the time we got there. Daniel and I climbed into the guest bed while Ezekiel went back in the bassinet that has become too small for him.

The company we are renting from is trying to make it right and has promised us a bug-free apartment by the beginning of June. We're bummed and stressed at all the moving and moving back. We're happy to be in a better place, though.

I didn't go to work yesterday. I would be going on about 4 hours of sleep. That's not possible. So, I stayed home. Needless to say, the four adults didn't get a whole lot of sleep that night, and three of them had to go to work.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I already talked to yo mama but good grief, I am so sorry you're having to go through all this! Hopefully the next one will be free of everything (invited or not!)