Pages

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dear Ezekiel,

I can't imagine life without you, Ezekiel. You have only been with us 10 weeks, but it has seemed like a lifetime. I clearly remember the times before you came, but they seem so far away. I love having you in our lives. Your personality is slowly starting to emerge. Aunt Erin got your smile on camera this weekend, and I actually caught one today. You smile most often in the mornings after your long night siesta, but you have been doing it some if you get a long nap in the afternoon. You took a 3 hour nap this afternoon and were much happier afterwards.


Your smile is usually accompanied by arms in the up position by your head. You have already hit yourself in the head a few times, but you will start to get a hang of what those arms are for later. You are really doing well at holding your head up and are trying to do in more and more. You sleep like a champ and nurse much better than your brother ever did. You eat and are done. I like that. It helps me get more sleep and be in a better mood to hang out with you. You love to be held, though, and won't sleep on your back at all unless the car is moving. When we stop, you wake up. You still sleep a lot and don't smile as often and like to be held, but it is all in good moderation. Your brother isn't too bothered by it either. He loves to give you hugs and kisses, and so do I!!!

I can't imagine life without you and don't want to either. You have been a wonderful blessing to this family, and I truly cannot wait to see what kind of little boy you will become. God has given us so much to be thankful for!

No comments: