Pages

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dear Malachi,

I have been totally and completely impressed at how well you have made the transition from being the one and only son, to having to share the spotlight. Very rarely do you act jealous, and you have rarely reverted back to younger behavior. You have continued to add many words to your vocabulary. Just today, when you saw a picture of your Uncle Josh, you said, "Un Ja." I didn't even prompt you. You remembered who he was just from some pictures and a very short visit this weekend. You had a blast with your two cousins (Callie and Avery). I hope that we can have a chance to visit more this summer and play with them. I think that you would rather play with bigger kids than younger ones, but you still do pretty well with Avery and Kyla (born 2 days apart last Feb.).

Each day is an adventure with you. I am looking forward to spending more time with you this summer. I will have to admit, when I first realized that I was pregnant with your brother, I was a little disappointed. Only because I was so looking forward to spending time with my 2 year old who would be able to talk some, but now I can't imagine life without Ezekiel here. He is one of your favorite people. Many times you look forward to seeing Z more than seeing your Momma, and that's ok.

You are a blessing from God, Malachi James, and I really cannot imagine life without you in it. You bring so much joy to our lives. Thanks for being the incredible son that you are.

No comments: