Pages

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Separated at birth (7 months apart)?

I have been wondering lately if Malachi and Avery were separated at birth, 7 months apart.

Ok. So that makes no sense, but Malachi is quite the observer like Avery. Malachi is a little "behind" in development, and Avery is a little ahead; which makes them almost even in development. Malachi shocked me yesterday morning and made me chuckle. He is quite the observer, too.

Well, I had my pump out to get some milk for Ezekiel before church (which didn't work, by the way---me, not the pump). Anywho, the parts are still not all in place in the kitchen yet, and I hadn't put the pump away yet. Malachi then went into the storage part and got out the pump part that attaches to the breast. I eyed him suspiciously to see what he was going to do with it. He then gave me a big grin and stuck it on his belly (shirt still tucked in). He, then, realized that he couldn't get to his belly through his shirt. He un-tucked his shirt and put the pump part on his belly again. This time, I got the biggest, most mischievous, "I know what you're doing with that thing" grin that I've seen in a while. It was a little embarrassing but mostly just funny.

Malachi has also (for at least 4 months) been pointing to the pump bottles and saying "molt" (milk). To which I reply with a smile, "yes, that's Z's milk." You can't fool this kid. He's too smart!

No comments: