Pages

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Putting Sentences Together

I said in one of the last posts that Malachi said his first "sentence." Since then, and especially today, he has been putting lots of words together. They still only come in twos, but, boy, our we happy that he is finally figuring it out. It's so good to hear him say more than one word at a time. I know, I know, I should enjoy it now; because there's no going back from here, and he'll probably never be quiet now. I'm looking forward to having a conversation with him in more than one word spurts. Before it was something like this at times, MJ (Malachi) & M (Momma):
MJ: Eat
M: What do you want to eat?
MJ: (babbling I can't understand)
M: What would you like?
MJ: sees (please)
M: Please, what, sweetie?
MJ: sees (much more emphatically and a little whiny)
M: I don't understand what you want. Thank you for saying please, but what do you want?
MJ: many whines and complains

Hopefully, we are through with most of that now. Now we can do "moi-sees" (more, please) and other phrases to have a much better understanding.

Way to go, kid! I knew you would get it!

No comments: