Pages

Monday, July 09, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday, Malachi!


Happy Birthday, Malachi James! You are two years old today! I have tried to explain that to you, but I don't think that you totally get it yet; especially because we are still working on numbers. I think the concept is still a little abstract for you. Yesterday I tried to get you to answer the question, "How old will you be tomorrow?" with "two," but it wasn't coming. I told you to hold up two fingers (like a peace sign on one hand), and you held up both your index fingers on each hand. It was so cute! I guess you understand more than I think you do.


"Heh-met" [helmet] as you call it. Thanks Grandpa!


We're working on colors, too. You love to say, "boo" [blue] for every color, but you will also try to say red, orange, and "geen" [green]. You are slowly beginning to understand. At first, I had a fear that you might be partially color blind, but now I know you can see just fine. You can tell the difference, and you LOVE to "toe-toe-er" [color]. You like going to most restaurants because they offer you crayons and color sheets. Yay! We proudly display your artwork on the refrigerator, and you often ask for someone to get it down so you can add more to it.

I'm sorry, but we're not doing much special for you today. Daddy has a sports camp all week (8am-5pm each day). And to add insult to injury, we're trying to quickly remodel the house to move into. Tonight we'll probably go to the house, and I'll paint while your Daddy lays laminate wood flooring. (He was able to pretty much finish your room last night in about 3 hours. Way to go, Daddy!) Your birthday party is planned for Saturday at our new house. I don't know if we'll be sleeping there yet, but we hope to have most of the floors in and the painting finished.

However, to try to make it up to you (as though you really know the difference!?!) Ezekiel and I took you to lunch at Chili's where you were able to feast on chips and salsa and a pita pizza with "tea-a" to drink. You had a blast and got to color, too. I did buy you some "choo-choo" (Thomas the train) cups with straws to use at the house. You were very exci
ted about that purchase as well.

I love you, Malachi James! Keep being the sweet, polite little boy that you are. I can't wait to see you grow and mature into a BIG three year old. Hold on tight, kid. This year is going to be a wild ride! You have given us joy and blessed us more than you'll ever know. I thank God everyday for you, my precious boy.


Playing in Ezekiel's exersaucer
I thought that you wouldn't like being in there (like your seat at the table), but I was mistaken.

Trying to get back into the exersaucer after Momma took you out.

No comments: