Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Emotionally Yours

Dear Malachi and Ezekiel,

I have been overly emotional the past week or two watching you boys grow. I don't know if its because my hormones are trying to get back on track or if I'm just entering the sure-fire "mom" stage of life where I get choked up at every moment---or maybe its all the stress. I just want to cry sometimes (not tears of sorrow but of joy).

Malachi, the other day you were helping your Daddy "clean up" branches in the back yard of the new house. He gave you a little branch while he carried a few big ones. You were so excited to help! You would carefully carry your branch to the front and hand it to Daddy to put on the pile, then happily grab your Daddy's hand to walk back to the backyard for another round. To see you look at him with such adoring eyes makes me smile and a little choked up. The past few days you haven't wanted your Daddy as much because I have been home with you a lot, and your poor Daddy has been working his fingers to the bone trying to get our house ready to be lived in, but I know that in about 2 weeks you will be able to spend some more time with him and want to spend more time with him after that.

Ezekiel you are smiling more and more each day, and I just love to see you look at me and laugh. It just melts all the other bad "stuff" that goes on in my heart. I also love to watch you watch your Daddy. You love to hear his voice and look at his face. You don't get to spend as much time with him as your Daddy would like, but I know that you are fully aware who he is and love to hear his voice. You may be a Momma's boy right now, but before too long, I bet you'll be wanting to do whatever your Daddy and big brother are doing.

In two years, I may lose both you boys to your Daddy, but that's ok. You have an EXCELLENT role model for a father. Not only does your Daddy love you, but he is passionately in love with Jesus, and that's the thing that matters most. I have three precious males in my life, and I thank God everyday for giving all three of them to me. I wouldn't want to go through life without them.

Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with the two most beautiful, precious boys in the world and the most wonderful, hard-working husband this wife could ever have. Malachi and Ezekiel, I love you and pray that you will always desire to be in the center of God's will. It truly is the best place to be.

Emotionally yours (sniff, sniffle, sniff),
Momma

No comments: