Pages

Monday, July 03, 2006

If I Just Let Him Cry...

He will fall asleep in his crib. Because I'm usually a working mom, I don't like to let my son cry. I like to spend as much quality time and cuddling with him as I can. This fact has proved that he was sleeping through the night later than most children. He is having problems now napping in his crib. He still sleeps very well in his crib at night, though.

I'm trying to establish some sort of routine now. We sit in the rocking chair and read a book or two. I may sing or cuddle with him for a few minutes then put him in his crib. I did that at about 11:25am today. I went downstairs to warm-up some pizza and heard Malachi standing and making playful noises in his crib. I go back upstairs and lay him down and tell him its time for a nap. He cried, of course. I went back downstairs and finished warming up my pizza. He cried through my whole meal. I walked back upstairs about 11:40. I heard him calming down and the sounds of heavy breathing (I think he has a mild cold). I let him cry for about 10 minutes. It was rough, but he went to sleep in his crib. I could just imagine him sitting up in his crib, looking at the door with huge tears streaming down his face the whole time, BUT he is asleep! And I didn't have to lay in the bed with him and quietly get up and move the monitor into my bedroom! Success!!!

No comments: