Pages

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Three Blessed Teeth

I never thought that I would be so excited about teeth! Yesterday (July 4), Malachi broke out his third tooth. It was the first one to emerge on top. The one right next to it is on its way out as well. I am speculating that it will be here by tomorrow (July 6).

Malachi was in much better spirits today. He slept through the night last night! Woo Hoo! He woke up in a better mood. He played pretty well. He still wasn't his normal self, but he was not the boy from yesterday. It was almost like my child had left his body. He was in so much pain. Those upper teeth were really bothering him. I honestly have never seen my child in so much pain before. All during the 4th of July, he would not smile (at all). I never heard a laugh. It was just crying and clinging to Mommy. It's a good thing that we didn't have anything planned besides Daniel smoking some ribs (mmmmmm). Nothing compared to yesterday's teething nightmare. I hope that we won't experience anything like this again. I missed my little boy smiles. It was so good to see them again today. I was reminded of how happy he is and how vital those smiles and giggles are to my existence as a mom.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm so glad Malachi is feeling better; I'm sure he is happy to be happy again. Oh, the things I have to look forward to with Avery...