Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I Forgot...

how hard pregnancy is. I also know that the first trimester is the hardest. I am soooooooooooo tired. Some days are better than others, but it has been rough the past 2 weeks. Grammy has tried to be a help, but I've tried to do a lot on my own, knowing that not everyone has the luxury of a built-in grandmother. Daniel has been working over 50 hours for the past 2 weeks. When I need a break in the late afternoon there is usually no one to help. Grammy is usually trying to get dinner together or something. Malachi has decided that the past few days he will only take a nap for 20-30 minutes in his crib for his afternoon nap. He's still tired, but he won't sleep in his crib.

I have to eat something like every 3 hours (except at night, of course). I am moodier. I get upset (usually frustrated) and its hard to calm down. I haven't really had the crying episodes yet, which has been nice, but I know that those will come soon enough. 8-10 hours of sleep at night is just not enough to get me through. I'm trying not to take naps, but I have given in a few times. I just want an hour or two to spend in the bed or resting each day. Is that too much to ask??? I know it is, and it will only get worse whenever we have child #3. Many, I repeat, many years down the road (like at least 4). I am just praying that the second trimester arrives soon. Then, I will feel better. I am starting back to work at the beginning of my second trimester, too. I hope things will go smoothly there. Sorry, I just had to vent. Thanks for listening and, I know, many of you are reminiscing and sympathizing.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You're trying NOT to take a nap? WHAT?! Take a nap, sleep with Malachi, do whatever you need to do to get some sleep. It will make you feel so much better. And don't even think about feeling guilty about it--soon enough you won't need a nap. But right now, take it! Malachi will get back on his schedule. I remember what it was like being newly pregnant with Avery. It's not easy and I slept when Callie slept. Even if that meant her sleeping with me in our bed. I wish we could be there to give you more breaks!