Pages

Friday, June 30, 2006

Would Anyone Like a Dog?

Sniff...sniff...choke...sniff...sob...

Malachi is allergic to dogs and cats. It wasn't a huge problem until about 3 weeks ago when he started getting pretty mobile. He rubbed his eye a few days ago and made it swell. He got dog fur in his eye. When I forget to wipe his hands before eating or he just puts the fur in his mouth, he gets pink spots on his face around his mouth. I am afraid that it will only get worse. I vaccuum, but it doesn't help a lot. Kiev sheds a lot and is all over the house all day long. I love my dog, but my son's health is more important. If you would like to adopt a 4 year old, trained, house dog, who is very loving, let me know. She doesn't eat food off the table. She doesn't get on any furniture. She does like to be loved. Let me also know if you know of anyone who would like a dog. This is very hard for me.

Choke...sniff...sob...sniff...

4 comments:

Erin said...

You're joking, right? Don't give up that dog before you try a different vacuum cleaner. Seriously. Get a Dyson. It will make a difference, I promise. I know they're expensive but it's worth a try!

Morgan said...

I just can't keep Kiev from shedding after I vaccuum. I love her, but it just isn't very doable. I can't lovingly let my child play on the floor that might make his eyes swell or his mouth/throat. I just don't want to put him through that. It seems drastic, but my conscience seems to be made up. Allergic reactions are not ok with Malachi, you know? I totally see your point and feel the pain, but it comes down to Malachi or the dog, I'm afraid.

Erin said...

Got it! I'm sorry you have to go through that. What about the kitties?

Morgan said...

We have no choice with at least one of the cats until my brother takes her, but they don't leave as much fur and don't visit as many areas. Thank you for your concern. I really appreciate it. I just can't risk Malachi having a huge reaction, you know? I'm just biding my time right now and hoping for the best.