Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2006

He's Napping in His Crib Right Now!!!!!!!!!!

While we were on vacation, Malachi wouldn't nap in his pac-n-play. I didn't force the issue. It was not his normal crib, and it was hard enough to get him to sleep through the night in the pac-n-play. So, Malachi had gotten used to falling asleep in our arms in our bed. We have struggled since we have been back at getting him to nap (not sleep at night, just nap) in his crib.

I put him down around 11am for his morning nap. When I first laid him down, he was laughing and smiling at me. When I left the room, he cried (loud). I thought that I would be back in there in a few minutes to see him sitting up with a red face and tears streaming down his face.

Not today, my friend. I put Malachi down in his crib, and within two minutes he was silent. I waited about 10 minutes to peek my head in to check on him. If he is not sound asleep the door handle will wake him up. And what did my wondering eyes see? A beautiful, little boy sleeping soundly in his crib! A hurricane could come through right now, and he would continue to sleep. Once he's gone, little can awaken him. Just thought I would share the joy with you all!

A few more vacation pictures to come.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yay Malachi!

Isn't it such a relief to not have to hold him to get him to sleep? I mean, it's wonderful to hold and snuggle but after a while, they start getting HEAVY. We're still using the swing with Avery but I've learned to let it go and just do it. I'm so glad for you that Malachi's napping in his crib! I hope it continues.