Pages

Monday, August 14, 2006

Coming Soon

So, I had my second visit to the doctor and my first ultrasound on Friday. It went really well. I am going to try to scan one of the ultrasound pictures soon, but I don't know how well that will go. The computer has really been acting up lately. Daniel went with me. He, of course, had a better angle of the ultrasound. He got a little choked up getting to see our new little bundle. I took as much joy in the moment as I could. It is a little more difficult to see from my angle and to have to deal with the distractions of an internal camera instead of an external. We got 4 really great pictures. The baby measured in at 5.71cm. For those of you who don't know metric, like me, that is a little over 2 1/4 in. long. This is a little ahead of schedule. The doctors are keeping my due date at Feb. 25th (even though they quoted the 24th before). The length of the baby was estimating my due date as the 21st. It's only a few days off, so they are not changing it.

This makes me very happy. I just don't want to have to go through the days in the hospital before the baby is born. I don't want to be induced, either. I want to rest at home as long as I can, and then go into the hospital. So, anywho, we are very excited, and my belly is beginning to pooch more. I can still fit in my jeans and a pair of shorts. Most of my dress pants still fit as long as I don't do the top button. I have like zero shirts to wear right now, so I have to come up with something soon since I have to look professional when the students return in 2 weeks (that's right I have one week left until going back to work)!

Well, in about 6 weeks we will have the second ultrasound to do the organ checks and to find out the gender of our baby. Until then, we have affectionately named the baby, "Junior the 2nd" or "The Deuce."

No comments: