Pages

Monday, August 21, 2006

Back to the Grind

Today was my first day back to work in over two months. It was kind of hard at first. I am not used to the mental stimulation yet, but it will all come back soon. I did well. I didn't have to take a nap, but I was definitely tired when I got home. Malachi was taking a long afternoon nap. He allowed me to sit and rest for a little while. Thanks Dad for taking me out to dinner, so I didn't have to cook my own dinner. Arby's was great!

Malachi did well, too. He stayed with his Uncle David while Daniel and I worked. He was definitely happy to see me when I got home, though! I literally had to chase him around the house. This is the first time I've ever really had to just follow him around and keep him from getting into every possible thing. He wanted to be held first, and then he almost ran. It amazes me to see how far he can go on his own now. He can walk from floor to carpet and back again. He can even turn corners. Wow! I was truly blessed to have spent all summer with him and his new developments. Thank you, Lord for this wonderful blessing!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm glad your first day back went okay!