Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

My Oh-So Crazy Life

A week ago, Ezekiel came down with a bad cold. Since he is the child who always gets sick, it would only be appropriate for him to take the cold to the next level. I took him to the doctor on Tuesday, and the cold had moved to his lungs. If he would have had a fever, they would have sent him for a chest x-ray to check for pneumonia. Praise the Lord, there was none of that. My opinion is that now that he has tubes, his colds can't settle in his ears, so they chose the lungs. How fun! Anywho, they gave him a steroid shot for the inflation in the lungs and prescribed Albuterol through nebulizer breathing treatments. He SCREAMED through half of the treatment. I "rented" a neb. for the doc but came to find out that I couldn't keep it for a week, and we were leaving for vacation early on Thursday. So, I took it back on Wednesday, got a prescription for an antibiotic to keep from getting a worse infection and had to buy a nebulizer to use while at home and on vacation. (We're already putting our AFLAC Flex account to use). That whole crazy day before we left for vacation didn't provide me much packing time (and I was behind from my sick child), but it finally worked out. Ezekiel is doing much better. His breathing was so bad on Monday night/Tuesday morning last week that I was scared to lay him in his bed. I was afraid that he would stop breathing, so I stayed up with him most of the night. He would breathe and each time his little tummy would raise up painfully, and he would often sigh/groan with almost every breath. I'm so glad that the worst of that situation is over.


The other event that took place on that day is that Malachi went all day with the same pair of big-boy underwear on. He even started standing to pee! We've had a couple of set-backs on the way, but he is finally on the road to being completely potty trained. He's not there yet, but I am very pleased with how well he is doing. We've been on vacation for the past few days and even with the chaotic nature of our vacation, he's done well. He gets so excited that he has to tell everyone that "I pee-pee!!!"

We have enjoyed some time on the beach, but the best time came on Saturday morning. The water is soooo incredibly clear. It is such a beautiful green. The sand is soooo white. The waves are soooo calm. All of this is compared to the Atlantic Ocean in the Myrtle Beach area which is nothing like the Gulf. Here are some pics...





No comments: