Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Did a Little Dance

When Ezekiel finally hit 20 lbs., I did a little dance of joy. It came time, this week, to do a little dance, again.

On Monday, I had put my rings (wedding wrap & engagement) in our bag at the beach. We had to pack up kind of quickly to leave because a storm was quickly approaching. When we got back to the hotel for naps, I realized it was time to put my rings back on. The only problem...I only found my engagement ring. I dug through the bag. I turned it inside out. Daniel & I combed the beach. I asked Josh & Erin to check their stuff. Mom & Dad helped us look inside and outside of the camper. I was praying for it to be found and even emailed some of my girlfriends that I knew would be praying. The next day. We had all accepted that it was lost forever on the beach. On Wednesday, I was changing Ezekiel's second poopy diaper of the morning when I pulled out 3 wipes and saw my wedding band in the wipe package! I did a little dance (several times) and praised the Lord (several times). The wipe package wasn't closed all the way, but it was in the bag at the time that I dropped my rings in. I had even checked the wipes before, but I guess it was stuck in between 2 of them. 2 whole days after "losing" my ring, God allowed me to find it.

I know that a wedding band is just a material symbol of my marriage to my husband, but I HATE/DESPISE/LOATHE losing things. That is one thing that I cherish, and it is actually paid for (unlike my 2nd child). I have to give a little shout out to my friend, J, who had gone through a similar situation just recently. She encouraged me with her story and that she would be praying. I thought, wow, that will never happen to me, because it is not like I'm at home losing my wedding band. But I found it, and God gets all the glory (and props to J)!

No comments: