Pages

Monday, April 02, 2007

Many Words

This evening Grammy and Grandpa took Malachi, Uncle David, Ezekiel, and I to CiCi's. Daniel was working. I think they had a Secret Shopper appointment. Anywho, two nights a month this CiCi's has a balloon artist in the house. He finally made it to our table right before we left. He asked Malachi what he would like. I said, "Would you like a dog?" He smiled and said, "Daaawwwg." Then the man asked what color. I said, "Would you like blue?" Malachi smiled and said, "Booo." Of course, neither he nor I knew what he wanted, but I asked about something that I knew he could say and participate in. By the way, he ate 3 (small) pieces of pizza (no toppings/cheese) and one piece of apple dessert pizza.

I said earlier that Grammy and Grandpa took us out to eat, but I should say that Grammy and "PawPaw" took us out to eat. Malachi says Mom, Dad, and PawPaw. Sorry, Grammy, there's none of your name coming yet. He does have a Nana, and I know that he can say that. It is so funny to hear him say it. You see, most of his words have come on his own. He doesn't repeat after me several times. He just all of a sudden starts saying a new word, and we have to figure it out. Now I know why southern grandparents are referred to as PawPaw. There are many children that say it first, I guess.

Here are some words and their meanings:
  • "Seat" - his booster seat, his car seat, and just about any chair to sit in. I think it also means 'I want to sit.'
  • "Eat" - I'm hungry. Let's eat. You are eating. I am eating.
  • "Hold" - Hold me and pick me up
  • "Hep"/help - I want to help. Help me. Look at me, I'm helping someone. (I'm a big boy!)
  • "Daa" - Please and Thank you (Don't ask me why)
  • "Ama"/amen - said at the end of the blessing or bedtime prayer or anytime we pray
  • "Zeeeee" - his little brother Z (Ezekiel's nickname)
  • "Ha-ma" - Handy Manny (a Disney show about working together and tools---Handy Manny is Fez from That 70's Show). It also means his TV shows on Disney in general, but he does recognize that one with more emphasis.
  • "Bye-bye" - and does a funny wave
  • "Hey" - Hi and a telephone
  • "Ny-ny" - night, night - Good night
  • "Eye-di-di" - I love you (my personal favorite)
His favorite show and music is VeggieTales. We have to listen to his CD with his name in the VeggieTales songs most of the time in the car. His two favorite shows on Disney are "Little Einsteins" and "Handy Manny." He also likes "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "The Doodlebops." He also loves to watch Clifford because he is a "daaawwwg" and loves those books, but we don't watch it that much. Disney's programs are much more entertaining for adults. Since Ezekiel has been here, Malachi has been watching more TV. It just helps me keep an eye on him while I'm nursing his little brother and holding him. I have been trying to wean him away from watching so much now. It's not good for him to watch too much. However, he is learning things from the shows, like how to pat, pat, pat his legs and say "pat," too. I've never been an advocate for TV, but it sure does help when you've got your hands full.

I have to go back to work two weeks from today. I was looking forward to it when I had cabin fever, but now, I'm not too sure. At least I only have to work for two months before summer break. I have really enjoyed the last two weeks with Malachi and Z. Malachi is growing so much and coming out with new words almost everyday. Ezekiel and I are finally figuring out a routine. I am getting a chance to rest a little and sleep off and on. I don't know if Ezekiel will sleep through the night soon, but he's getting better about sleeping on his own and not near me.

I think that I have rambled enough. Good night.

No comments: