Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Surviving is Overrated

Malachi is sick again. He hasn't been sleeping very well at night for the past week, and we didn't know why. Things finally came to a head yesterday with Malachi crying all day long. Daniel took him to the doctor. He has an ear infection and a cough. So, here we go again with some of the horrible liquids. At least Malachi likes the amoxicillin. He was in a horrible mood this afternoon after spending the day away from Dad and Mom. He's been with either one of us for the past 8 weeks. I had two crying boys, neither of which I could pacify. I finally got Malachi to bed early, thankfully. I was then able to feed Ezekiel for a few minutes, and he was out. I think he'll sleep awhile with as much crying as he did this evening.

I had a bad morning, a rough afternoon at school, and an incredibly tough hour and a half at home with one sick toddler and one tired baby. I'm exhausted. At least I know that Ezekiel will sleep well tonight and only wake me up once or not at all. He sleeps anywhere from 5-8 hours when I first put him down between 8:30-9:30pm.

We won't be moving this weekend, but we should be moving the following weekend. We might have found a good home for Kiev. I'm praying for things to go well. More information to come.

Ezekiel has been in size 2 diapers for about a week now.

I'm going to sleep now. I'm tired.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm so sorry you're dealing with a sick boy. I hope his ear infection heals quickly. We're dealing with two sick girls (just colds). The oldest girl is a complete BABY when she's sick. She's already been up once since she went to bed tonight.