Pages

Friday, April 06, 2007

Family Fun

Wednesday Daniel didn't go into work. This was the first time since the first week of Ezekiel's life that he's had a day "off." Since he works two jobs, he works at least a few hours all 7 days of the week. He's been working a lot lately since I've been out of work. It's been hard taking care of two by myself most of the time, but I have enjoyed getting to know Ezekiel and playing with Malachi.


My favorite picture of Ezekiel thus far


Mid-yawn


Malachi - "I love getting my little brother."


"Cheese" --- I love getting my picture taken!


"Vroom, vroom"


Ezekiel slept through most of it.

After we all got ready, we went to downtown Concord to a consignment shop or two. My favorite shop was locked and closed for no apparent reason. The second shop was greatly overpriced (I won't be going back there). I can buy brand new stuff for what they were wanting for a pair of shorts for Malachi.

That was a bust. Then Daniel wanted to go to Bass Pro Shops to look at some fishing gear. Before heading there we ate at a Mexican restaurant and went to New Creation Book store to buy some VeggieTales CD's. They had some of the CD's 2 for $10. We got the worship CD and the 70's CD. Malachi loves them both and asks for them as soon as he gets in the van. It is a little bit more entertaining for us adults compared to the theme song and the hokie pokie.

The picture of Malachi in the racecar shopping cart was taken in front of the big fish tank. Sorry for the flash. I should have put my camera in a different mode, because the ones without the flash on were even worse. Anywho, Malachi had fun "driving" the car and looking at the big fish. Daniel didn't come away with any fish gear, but he did scope out what he wanted for later.

It was so nice just to have some quality time as a family without feeling like we had to run and do stuff or get something from the grocery store. I hope we can have another day like that next week before I go back to work.

No comments: