Pages

Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Malachi's second Thanksgiving was rather uneventful. We had lunch with my parents and David around 12:45. Unfortunately, Malachi's one nap comes around 12 or 12:30. He had no clue that all that cooking going on in the morning was eaten while he slept. He was able to take part in Thanksgiving dinner at his Nana's house with all of his Daddy's family. He got lots of hugs and kisses from his grandparents and aunts. I tried to get him to try turkey, dressing, green beans, and corn, but he wouldn't eat anything but a plain biscuit. Hopefully next year, he'll realize that he's missing out on a bunch of good stuff.

Today we played around and emptied out the storage unit. Yay! We can now save $100 a month! There really wasn't that much left in our unit after David moved all his stuff out. I'm glad that we had the unit. There was a lot of stuff. Now there is a lot of stuff here. Really, it's not that much, but there are boxes and boxes of clothes. Malachi has at least one box of clothes for every size. I have at least two boxes of clothes for every size. I miss my old body! When I got married, I was a size 8. Pre-pregnancy saw me at a 10. 4 weeks after Malachi I was a 14!!! I got down to a 10, but it took 11 months. Right after I had gotten down to feeling good about my body, I got pregnant again! I have really enjoyed this pregnancy, but I am ready to get my old body back!!! I have missed it over the past 2 years. Sure, I haven't missed my period and other things, but I just want to feel good about the way I look. Ok, so I've gone off on a tangent. I truly am thankful for all my family and the things that come with it. I just have a lot of clothes! Now we have clothes and boxes all over the place. We just have to find a place and a home for all this stuff that we can't get rid of yet, especially since there is another little boy to fill those clothes up for a time.

Tomorrow (Saturday), we might be starting a new family tradition. We are going to pick out a small, fresh Christmas tree to bring home. Hopefully, the tree farm we are going to will also have a hay ride and some animals to see. We are looking forward to this little outing with Malachi and to make new memories.

No comments: