Pages

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Finally Growing

A week ago today, Daniel took Malachi to the doctor for his 15 mo. check up. Yes, I know it was at least two weeks after he should have gone. I guess I just need to get used to things not happening when I want them to. Anywho, he was a big boy and stood on the scale instead of laying on the baby scale. He also stood up to be measured. He is at least 23 pounds and is 29 inches TALL. This is great! He had stopped growing around 10 mo. He was actually a few oz. shy of 20 lbs. for his first birthday. I knew that he had been growing taller (especially evidenced by the fact that his pajamas were not fitting anymore. I was just concerned by his fickle eating habits and increased movement that he still hadn't gained any weight. Even though he has started almost running and doesn't always get the right nutrients, he is growing! Yay!

I also have to share a wonderful moment! My son is a worshipper already! Last night we had a "super" growth group night at our church. We all gathered at one house on Tuesday instead of three houses on Wednesday. We were doing some simple acoustic guitar worship songs. Malachi kept walking around the center of the floor. Then, he got near the guitar and stopped to look at one of the men in our church. This man had both hands raised high to heaven. Malachi then copied him for several seconds. It was so precious. I wish that I had had the camera available, but then I wouldn't have wanted to disturb worship. It made me laugh and cry all in the same moment. He is growing up and becoming more impressionable. If he wants to be an imitator of a man of God, that is fine with me. I think it is funny, though. I tell him all the time to raise his hands and praise the Lord. He never does. He didn't want to copy me. He wanted to copy someone else. Go figure. Thank you, Lord, again for this wonderful blessing from You. I just can't get over how truly blessed I am to have Malachi (God's messenger) in my life.

I'll try my best to get pictures out soon. The computer decided not to cooperate last time. Also, for those of you who can be taunted...I think that Daniel and I have decided on the first name for our new little boy. Just thought I would share, but that's all I'm sharing:)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Woohoo! Congrats, Malachi! We can't wait to see you guys in Dec. He'll be HUGE by the time we see him again! :)