Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Woo-hoo!!!

Tomorrow is my last day of school! I'm ready to spend the summer with my children. My boys need some discipline, and Ezekiel is ready to be potty-trained.

Daniel is itching a lot right now. He got bitten by one black ant on Tuesday. He went to the doctor on Wednesday. After the doctor looked at the 6 in. diameter swelled area on his arm and his swollen knees (previous problem), he was given 4 prescriptions. One was an antibiotic, another was a steroid, another was strong advil to use after the steroid, and then 2 epi-pens (just in case). He's doing much better, and I'm glad we didn't have to make an emergency room visit, but it stinks that he is so allergic to something like that.

I still can't believe how Ezekiel talks as well as he does. He will name just about any character, "Hammy Hammy" (Handy Manny) is still one of his favorites. The "wu-pets" (wonder pets) are also a personal favorite.

Malachi is gearing up for school in August. He still needs a pull-up to sleep at night, but I guess we'll tackle that one this summer, too. I'm not quite sure how to handle it all, but most of it will get done (as it does each summer).

Truly, though, my heart is at home with the boys. I would like to have more children, but it is hard that I can't totally control how they are raised. I want them to only take the right things and be spared (for awhile) from the bad. I'm just trusting the Lord that change will come. I would love to be a SAHM. Maybe in a couple of years we will be able to work that out. I'm praying for change.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Be prepared, because change will come. :)
Can't wait to see you guys...if we can ever get there! (you'll understand when you read the blog)