Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Interesting Day (to say the least)

Just so you know, Malachi's runs ended after his nap that day(of course, he was in Daddy's care then, so he didn't have to clean up all that I did).

Today, we took our time getting ready and then went to the hospital to see Felicia & Nathan. She went in at 6am to have labor induced. They also have a little girl that is 2 weeks younger than Ezekiel but a little bit bigger than Malachi. Funny, huh? Anywho, the boys love their little girl cousin and jumped at the chance to hang with her (wherever they were). Ezekiel has been potty training since Saturday. Yesterday, he stayed pretty much dry all day. Today, I didn't even put him in a pull-up when we left the house. We ran to the bathroom about 12 times (literally) in the 2-3 hours that we were there. On one of the trips, Z had just peed 5 minutes before but insisted that "Ize pee-pee in da potty." As we opened the door, Daniel called me. I was leaning over him (Ezekiel) while talking on the phone to help Z get his pants down, and guess what?

Down, went my phone!!! It was submerged in water literally for about 1.3 seconds (if that). It began to malfunction and now does not work. I think I might have slipped and said, "crap," in front of both my boys. No parent of the year award for me! There are much worse things, though, and I never say anything close to that normally. As long as Ezekiel doesn't start saying it like, "hush-yu-mouff" (hush your mouth), then it's not so bad---which, for the record, Daniel and I did NOT teach him that.

Now, I'm in a real dilemma. We are in the process of canceling our home phone. It should have already gone into effect but hasn't yet (thankfully). We didn't get insurance on my phone, so I'm trying to figure out a cheap way to get a phone back quickly. I think one of our friends from church will be giving me her old one, and I am so ok with that. As long as I can call and text people, I'm good. I should be back with a phone by tomorrow afternoon at the latest! What a great day :)

No comments: