Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Malachi's Party Plans

Malachi's birthday is July 9th. I have a little time, but I also have 2 weeks of school left and an anniversary on June 22nd. So, I was talking with Malachi about what his "theme" should be. As it stands today...

"Green" party!

His favorite color! He doesn't want a Cars party, again. He doesn't really want a Mickey Mouse party like Ezekiel; however, he does want a Mickey Mouse cake. So, it looks like we'll have green drink, green (Mickey Mouse) cake, green plates, green cups, green decorations...you get the idea. I am kind of stoked about this. It saves $$$$$!!!! Generic stuff is so much cheaper than any Disney or Nickelodeon theme. I was worried he would chose Diego or Handy Manny. I think he may stick with that decision.

Not to mention, we can call it "going green" and people will think we are helping the environment (ha, ha, ha). I also like the idea of not endorsing a character but just having a good time. Malachi will be wearing green, I'm sure.

We'll see how it ends up :)

A few Malachi-isms for the road...
  • "ress" - just
  • "ever-one" - another one
  • Handy ManDy - sometimes instead of Handy Manny

2 comments:

Erin said...

We bought two packs of plates of the character Callie wanted for her party, and then we totally loaded up on the generic "happy birthday" plates and napkins for 99 cents at Party City. We got out of there WITH a pinata for $13. Yay for saving money!!

Morgan said...

That's a good idea, a pinata!!! Thanks for the tip ;)