Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Updates

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I had a few moments of deja-vu as I purposely put Ezekiel in the red & blue plaid shorts that Malachi wore on my first Mother's Day as a mom of 2. Ezekiel was 3 months old and wore blue plaid shorts that were similar but not matching.

Our lives have changed a lot since then. My very first Mother's Day as a mom came with my friend, Lesli. Malachi was 10 months, his buddy, Kyla was 3 months. Now Lesli had her first Mother's Day as a mom of 2. We've shared a lot together.

Malachi is doing well. He is talking more and more clearly. I think that he is pretty articulate for an almost-4-year-old. His speech has dramatically improved. He has fallen in love with Veggie cheese. We tried it over a year ago, and he just didn't care for it. Now, he loves having his "own cheese," and it is much better for him than cow's cheese. That is what I am somewhat glad for. Dairy really is not that good for you. It seems to have been a blessing in disguise that Malachi (& Ezekiel) drink soy milk, and don't have much dairy. I believe they are healthier for it. We're trying to cut some of that dairy out of our meals, too.

Daniel is on a mission to lose weight. I'm trying to join him. I have been gaining weight instead of losing it lately. I would ideally like to lose about 30 lbs. Yes, I can lose that much and be in great shape (like I was in high school). I would be happy with losing 15-20 lbs. Thankfully, I do carry my weight well, but I don't want to do that. I know that my body may not be the "same" after kids, but I would sure like to not use that as an excuse.

Ezekiel TALKS a lot!!! He will say things that I didn't know he could. He accidentally busted Malachi's lip tonight. He came running in the kitchen saying, "I sorry, Na-ky. I nnt mean to. I sorry, Na-ky." He can use some pronouns correctly. Lately, he will catch me at a quiet moment and say, "Momma, Momma, Momma," until I answer, "yes, Ezekiel," Z: "Mommy, I luff you!" You can understand what he says 90% of the time, and he is a sponge. I know that he talks much better than Malachi did at that stage.

There are only 21 days left of school!!! Now I need to find a part-time job to help make ends meet. We're planning on taking Malachi to the race, and taking both of them to the zoo. We're trying to keep the funds under control but still do a few nice things for the boys. I've been wanting to take them to the zoo for awhile.

One last thing...Ezekiel is HEALTHY!!!! How awesome is our God. He hasn't had a breathing treatment since the end of March, and we haven't heard any croop-y sounding coughs. Hallelujah!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Are you going to the NC Zoo in Asheboro or is there one somewhere elsea? I do not really like zoos but I want to take the girls back to that zoo since Avery is old enough to actually know what the animals are. I hope you have fun when you go!

Morgan said...

I think we are going to go to the Columbia, SC zoo. It ends up being a little cheaper for admission, and I hear that it is better than the Asheboro zoo (not as much walking). it is a little farther, but I want to try that one. i've been to the Nc one, and it is A LOT of walking.