Pages

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow Day

Today was the first "snow day" of the year. This is the first time that Malachi has seen snow. We had absolutely no snow last winter. It started out snowing early in the morning (around 5am). By about 9am, we had accumulated about 2 in. of snow. Around 10am it started raining. I had two doctor's appointments scheduled for this afternoon that asked me to come in early since they were planning on closing early. Daniel had an interview at 9:30 this morning. He told me not to take Malachi out in the snow without him. We could have gone out while Daniel was gone, but we actually had to get in the shower, since we slept in until almost 9am. He got home about 10am, and we loaded up the car for my two appts. By the time we got home, a little after noon, Malachi was asleep in the car and most of the snow had melted under the temperature (34) and rain. So, Malachi was able to see the snow but not play in the snow. I am a little disappointed, but he probably wouldn't have liked it. I would like to have it snow once more and maybe get Malachi out in it. There's always next year, right? Who knows in NC?

I never got a chance to post the pictures of our last day off (MLK, Jr. day-Jan..15th). Daniel was off, too, so we went to the park to play a little. I wanted Malachi to play on the equipment, but he wasn't too sure. After failing to get him to play on the equipment, we tried to get him to swing (which he hated). Then we took our soccer ball out on the soccer field. He actually started kicking the ball instead of picking it up. He is very good at dribbling with his feet. I was very impressed.

No comments: