Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Our First Night at Home

Our first night at home was eventful. Ezekiel woke about 11pm and was inconsolable for a long time. Even with the door closed, he was able to scream loud and long enough to wake up Malachi. Since he (Malachi) is so sensitive, he cries when other people get upset. Malachi was up crying several times in his room. Daniel went in once to try to calm him down, but it just didn't work. I'm sure Grammy and Grandpa were up several times in the middle of the night, too.

Well, I spent most of the night in the big chair in the rec room with Ezekiel. He slept and ate a lot. I was able to get Daniel to switch spots with me for 2 hours. Those were the best two hours of sleep in our bed in a long time. In the middle of the night Ezekiel decided to have a huge blowout poop (you know the black, tarry kind). Fun stuff. A few hours later, Daniel went into Malachi's room to get him up at about 8am. What did he find? A big toddler poop! Not fun either. Daniel immediately whisked him off to the shower while I dealt with Ezekiel. Wow! I sure don't want to revisit this night again.

No comments: