Pages

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Update on Us All

Well, we all survived the first week of school with students. I am feeling fine. The past few days I have been way more hungry but fine. I am enjoying being back in the classroom, but I totally and completely feel left out of some of the things in Malachi's life now. I seem to have a great group of students (for the most part). I have great class sizes! I think I calculated that I have 70 total students in 4 English classes. Wow! It's like a middle school teacher's dream (minus having to teach English:) ).

Malachi is doing well. He got a runny nose for about two days. Then, Thursday morning he woke up and decided he would finally feel better. He has been walking, laughing, and smiling nonstop since then. He has also needed Mommy less since he has felt better. This is good for me. It allows me to not feel so tired at the end of the day. He is getting so good at walking. I just can't believe how far he can get without crashing to his little diapered bottom. His poops are still very runny, stinky, and often. Those of you with one child out there...Make sure that you get your first child out of diapers and off of baby food before getting pregnant again. When your stomach is always on the verge of destruction, its nice to not have to worry about that stuff.

Last Friday, August 25th, we felt the baby move for the first time! Wow! A week later now, I am 15 weeks and feeling (and watching) the baby move. It's kind of weird to not know the gender of this little one yet. We had just found out that Malachi was a boy (20 weeks) when I felt him move for the first time. So, I was able to call him little boy the whole time. Now, its just "baby" or "The Deuce" or another name that I can't spell. Anyways, I just thought that I would let you know. I go for my next appointment on Wednesday. Hopefully then we can hear the heartbeat. I think its about a month from now that we'll find out this little baby's gender. So, we'll know whether we have an "Abigail" or a.............We're not telling.

No comments: