Pages

Monday, May 29, 2006

Naps and Other Things

Naps are becoming more of a regular thing now. When he is with me, he gets 2 naps around the same time of day. He is also eating better now. The past few days he has been eating his baby food as well as downing his bottles. Cheerios are a staple for every meal, too. It is formula, break, Cheerios, then baby food.

He is not "crawling," but he is getting much better at scootting to wherever he needs to go. Pretty soon nothing will be safe. We will be chasing around a little boy who just doesn't want to stop.

He is up to about 19 lbs. now. He actually lost weight the last two months (0nly a few ounces). I stopped pumping as much at school. Therefore he was only eating about 8 oz. for 8 hours while I was gone. We also found out in the process that he is very allergic to milk. I am phasing out breast-feeding. I am finally ready to be done. I wasn't making enough for Malachi since I wasn't pumping as much, and it is just starting to get on my nerves. I successfully breast-fed Malachi for over 9 months. This was my first year teaching and my first child. I feel very successful. I was hoping to make it to 6 months. I think I might be able to breast feed my next child longer, but I will definitely do a few things differently. I am very happy, though, with how things have gone.

If you have any soy formula coupons that would be a big help. Just send them to me. Thanks so much for all your love and support. It has been great to have all the family nearby in spirit.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Okay, what is it with our babies? Now? Avery won't go down for her morning nap nearly as well as she used to, and she is crying more than she used to. And here's Malachi, taking naps again! I'm so glad he is napping better. One day Avery will be too.