Pages

Monday, May 22, 2006

Naps??? What are they???

I don't know why, but Malachi has decided that naps are no longer for him. The main problem---his body still needs those naps (and so do Moms and Dads). It's not me who needs the nap. Malachi needs to nap in order to be manageable in the evening, afternoon, and morning. Tonight he cried almost non-stop. I had rushed home from work because he was crying for Daniel and wouldn't calm down. Things were going down hill quickly. I hope that this is a quick phase and will quickly disappear when a new tooth breaks through his gums. It's just so hard to deal with a crying child when he barely cries twice in a typical day. Lord, help us to get through this stage of his life gracefully, and please keep me sane during these times of EOG's when my stress level is high and my students' behavior is at an all time low. There are only 11 more days of school until August. We can do this.

At least he's still sleeping through the night!!!

He is also figuring out how to get around. He is scooting on his tummy very well. He can almost get those knees up underneath him and move but not quite yet. He gracefully falls to his back from the sitting position and will play on his back and tummy. He can do just about anything he sets his mind to. As I watch him play, my motherly instinct is to help him reach a toy that is far away. But then I stop. He has got to learn how to do it for himself, and normally he does. He is becoming less and less frustrated when he cannot reach things on the first try. He keeps persevering. Way to go, son! You will always make your Mom proud. Remember that when times get tough (and even when they're easy), God will be there for you just like your Dad and Mom. He's not afraid to let you stumble and fall, but He will always help you back up again. He may catch you before you fall, and often He will carry you through stages in your life. I know that you are a little young for this lesson yet, but just remember the words that we have encouraged you with. I hope that we (your Dad and Mom) will always be a shining example of Christ's love for you. I love you, Malachi.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I am so sorry Malachi is going through this crying phase. I am praying it's just that-a phase, and not because he's getting sick. If Callie passed on her germs am going to feel worse than I already do! I know it's hard to deal with, when nothing seems to help with the crying. We are both going through some trials right now with our wonderful, precious, GRUMPY kids. :)