Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

We're Still Alive and Exist

I know that blogging isn't as "fashionable" as other social media, like Facebook, but I do like keeping the blog up, like a memory book.

Tomorrow, I will be 38 weeks pregnant.  We almost had a baby 2 weeks ago, but after 8 hours of labor, it fizzled out.  She tricked us all.  The midwife even apologized that she admitted us because she was sure that we were going to have a baby soon.  I guess little Moriah Joy decided that she didn't want to make her appearance yet.  Last week, I woke up a little after midnight and endured 3 hours of labor before it fizzled out, again.  Not only does it "trick" me into getting excited, but I am so exhausted for at least 24 hours afterwards.  It is not fun.  As much as I am ready to hold her, I have 3 boys who are equally excited if not more to meet their baby daughter/sister.  Daniel has even been looking online for natural ways to induce labor.  I know, I know.  This pregnancy has been ROUGH, to say the least.  I'm soooo ready to be done.  All these contractions have been coming for months now.  My legs, ankles, and feet are swollen and have been for awhile.  Apparently, I've been looking 9 months pregnant since I was about 6 months...or so I'm told by many Chick-fil-A customers.

Malachi has completed 2nd grade with flying colors.  His school doesn't given As & Bs.  They give I (improvement needed), M (making progress), & C (Consistently).  Malachi had several Ms in the 1st-3rd quarters.  That's not horrible, but it's not "perfect" either.  I'm so happy to say that he ended the year with all Cs (which means, he basically got All As).  We are so thankful for a great school and a great year for MJ.  He had a stellar teacher and got excellent reading help this year.  He's definitely ready to be a 3rd grader!  He was missing his front teeth pretty much all school year, but they are finally coming in :)  He's growing so big and strong and smart, and we are so blessed to have him as the oldest child!

Ezekiel finished half-day kindergarten.  He's reading really well and his math skills are getting pretty good, too.  I'm still not a huge fan of the "half-day" thing, but Z did learn and had a great year.  I just know how great Malachi's kindergarten year was and how much he learned by being there all day.  Z has been to two different physical therapy places, but the most recent seems to be working best to help strengthen his leg.  His muscles are deficient from the hip all the way down, but he is starting to make progress to straighten out his walk and build muscle.  He is very excited to be a big brother.  He was quite bummed at first that he was going to have a little sister, but now he is just excited to have a baby to hold and help with.  He'll be an excellent helper, too!

I am loving working at CFA!  I started as a team member, spent a few months in the "service" team as a Team Leader.  A few weeks ago, I was promoted to Talent Director (HR).  All the employees are so great to work with, and they have been so wonderful about working with me and all my preggo problems.  It has been a pure pleasure to serve others in that capacity.  The job is much less stressful than teaching and quite a welcomed break.  Who knows what God has in store for my future, but I am fully content to be in the place that I am right now :)

I'll try to update a little bit more often once Moriah arrives.  Be blessed!

No comments: