Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Z's lost tooth and a pregnancy dream

Z's first lost tooth


Z lost his first tooth on Friday evening, right before bed.  He kept trying to avoid it and cover his mouth, but it was just hanging on by a thread.  So, Daniel started tickling and "wrestling" with him.  Once his mouth was wide open, he wrangled him still and yanked it out.  Z admitted that it didn't hurt that bad, but he was mad at his Dad for about 15 minutes.  Previously, he would just cry and cry and cry when we talked about pulling it out for him.  We sent him to bed upset, but I put his tooth in a baggie and put his name on it.  As Daniel and I were relaxing downstairs, watching tv, Z came down and went right to his Dad and gave him a hug and let him take his picture.  He had a few minutes to think and realized that his Daddy wasn't so "mean" after all :)

In comparison, Malachi lost his middle bottom teeth first, 2 weeks before his 7th birthday.  Z lost his first tooth from up top and was about 6 years, 4 months.  Malachi all ready stated how it wasn't "fair."  I guess it's just something he's going to have to get over.  His little brother may pass him at a few other things later on in life.  Being only 19 months apart his its advantages and disadvantages ;)

Interesting pregnancy dream

We finally found a home for a sweet, Kiev.  There's just not room in our home for her with all the baby furniture, and I think the small space was actually starting to drive her literally crazy.  She's been living with her new family for about a week and a half, now.  We miss her a lot, but we know that this is in the best place possible for her and a better home.  With all that said,  last night, I had a dream...

Every night she used to clomp up the stairs to the middle room and plop down near our door (bc we didn't allow her to lay in our bedroom).  So, in my dream, I woke up to hear Kiev's footsteps coming up the steps.  I remember hearing her plop down on the floor.  (In my dream) I thought it was weird that she was somehow back in our house (it seemed very real), and I got up to go to the bathroom.  She was laying on the floor where she had been in the previous months.  I finished using the bathroom (in my dream) and went back to bed, passing Kiev.  I remember laying back down and thinking how strange it was that she was in our house, but I was comforted to see her, again.  Now, of course it was all a dream, but I really, really thought it happened last night.  It was quite strange.  I miss my pup, but I know that this is the best situation for us all.

On a lighter note, I now have to make the sweeping/cleaning under the kitchen table a job.  There's no dog to eat the crumbs :(  The boys have a new chore.

No comments: