Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"Car Games"

The boys have created 2 games to play in the car.  The first was created today, while I ran into the post office to drop off some letters before heading to work.  The second was created with a little help from their Dad on the way back from our visit to NC.

Ultimate Rock, Paper, Scissors

So, this came out of their minds this morning.  Too funny!  I hop back in the car from my 60 second walk into the post office and back to hear, "Rock, paper, scissors...water/dynamite!"  Now, I've heard the dynamite before.  It's a southern thing.  Then, the question comes out, "Mommy, does dynamite beat water?"  Good question.  This momma isn't so sure.  As we continue our journey down the road and the game continues, I hear (granted I can't SEE the hand gestures to go with these), "Rock, paper, scissors, angel!"  Arguing ensues over what beats what.  So, I remind them it is called "rock, paper, scissors" for a reason.  They are only supposed to use those 3.  To which I am told, "This is Ultimate Rock, Paper, Scissors!  We can use whatever we want!"  The next one, came out of the mouth of the almost 8 yo, "Rock, paper, scissors, Jesus!"  Well, don't you think he beat his little brother with that one?!?  I started laughing, and Z started to argue about it.  I had to give in, and say, "Well, technically, Jesus beats everything."  Z consented, but there had to be a rule made by the boys that you couldn't use Jesus as an item in Ultimate Rock, Paper, Scissors.  Before too long, there were birds, gators, sharks, etc.  Don't you love imagination?

The Number Game

As we were traveling on our 9 hour journey from the Charlotte, NC area back to our home in Lancaster County, PA, we start having a family conversation/guessing game about 1 of MJ's favorite topics...NASCAR.  We end up going through all the numbers, 1-99, and naming all the Sprint Cup drivers, some of the Nationwide & truck series drivers.  Then, the game turns to numbers (in any order) of any sports player (NFL, NBA, MLB).  I think this entertained us for about 2 hours.  While, Z couldn't participate a whole lot (or me, either) because he's just not as obsessed as his big brother, it did give Daniel, the driver, and the whole car a time of enjoyed interaction without electronics or interruptions.  There were tons of giggles and lots of "Good job!  You should have known that one!  Way to go!"  Love time with my boys :)

No comments: