Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It's a Girl!



I decided to be wise and not post the pictures "showing" that she is definitely a girl.  I posted Z's "jewels" back 6 years ago, and I realized that was probably not the best choice ;)

So, our precious third child will be a girl!  When we first found out we were pregnant, I was annoyed by the question from doctors, nurses, strangers..."so, are you trying for a girl?"  NO, we were trying for a baby.  We truly had little preference of the gender.  We think that 4 kids are a good number for us, and since life has "calmed down" a little, we decided it was ok to start adding to the family :)

Both Daniel and I were kind of wanting another boy, anyways.  Malachi & Ezekiel are two of the most awesome kids.  I love them to death and enjoy getting to spend time with them.  Why not have another awesome boy, like them?!?  God has given us so much love to share with our little guys.  He has given us wisdom to raise them, and He has blessed us with boys that will become awesome men of God.

Now, the first few weeks of pregnancy, Daniel didn't truly believe that I was pregnant.  He kept telling me I was crazy.  I kept telling him that if I wasn't pregnant, then there was something seriously wrong with me, and I needed to go to the doctor :)  Of course, I was right.  He he he!  However, he was right when it came to our little girl (and Donna and many others out there).  I have been waaaaaaay more sick with this pregnancy.  I have had heartburn waaaaaay more than I did with either of my boys.  We were hoping to keep this baby a secret until Christmas, so we could tell the family in person, but I felt awful 90% of the time, and we had to spill the beans on Thanksgiving Day.  I didn't know if, maybe, I was becoming a wimp in my "old age."  It has been almost 6 years since Z was born.  In the end, Daniel was right that we had a girl.  I just figured we would keep with our track record and have another boy.

Don't get me wrong.  I am stoked to have a little girl on the way!  About a month ago, I began to think of the relationship that I have with my mom and how neat it would be to have a little girl around the house.  2 days after we discovered that "Cupcake" was a girl, I went to the local consignment shop and brought home a big bag of pink & flowers.  I feel liberated to know that I don't have to just buy blue & trucks from now on.  I'm sure that she may wear a couple of items that I have left from the boys, like sleepers, pjs, and such.  I'm just thankful to buy a tiny little dress and bring it home to stay :)

Final thoughts:  as we talked with the ultrasound technician about what we thought she might be, we discussed how much we loved our boys and joked about how we got the cheap end when it came to paying for weddings.  When the technician was ready to show us whether Cupcake was a girl or a boy, she said, "Well, I guess you have a big wedding expense in the future."  :)  We were thrilled!  The boys aren't as excited as they once were, but they are truly still happy to be big brothers.

No comments: