Pages

Sunday, November 09, 2008

"Bread Sticks"

Today, after church, we ended up at a Japanese restaurant. I think that was the first time either of the boys had been to one (where they cook the food in front of you). One of the main reasons why Malachi is 3 and never had that experience is b/c when I was pregnant, I HATED Japanese food.

To the point! There were a few other kids at the table, so the lady brought them chopsticks with the little piece of paper with a rubber band to help them eat better than just plain chopsticks. Malachi thought that was the coolest thing ever! He never touched his spoon or fork. He ate rice and some steak all with chopsticks. He couldn't remember what to call them, so he kept referring to them as "bread sticks." I would lovingly correct him, and he'd just grin and shrug his shoulders. He LOVED the rice! I asked the guy to give him some rice w/o egg, and he did. Ezekiel also dug into some rice. It was all over the place!

You know that the guys cooking the food put on a small show for you with fire and other things. Malachi wasn't too sure. He eventually warmed up, but when he used fire, Malachi about screamed and almost started crying. The man nicely apologized for scaring him and promised not to do it again (which he lived up to). All in all, it was a really fun experience that we will definitely do again one day, probably not any time soon.

I am not too fond of the rice, but I love the carrots! Daniel cleaned his plate!!! Ezekiel shared my salad and my rice and ate one piece of steak. It was nice to do something different. I am trying very hard to appreciate these little things that we do together and blog to share them with everyone else. Bon Appetite!

No comments: