Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

It is Finished!


I finished painting the upper trim work in the living room! We have very high ceilings in the living room and kitchen. We rolled both rooms last summer but ran out of time to do the high trim work, not to mention that we didn't have a ladder that would reach high enough. Yesterday, during nap time, I knocked it out. Now all I have to do is finish the kitchen upper trim work and organize the office. We also bought Malachi and Ezekiel twin bunk beds. Malachi is in one of the twins, and we may move Ezekiel from the crib to the other twin soon. We probably won't "bunk" them for another year or two. So, we moved the boys to the front room which had been the office to give them more room to play and move. In order to do that, we had to paint the room and switch the stuff (not to mention that most of the "stuff" in the office is in piles from last summer. It was a little hairy here for a few days, but it is all coming together.

I hope to be finished with the kitchen this weekend and move to the new office (the old boys' room) to paint on Monday or Tuesday next week. My plan is to have the house mostly in order by the end of next week. If I start worrying about blogging less and work more, I should make my goal. That will give me about a week and half to "rest" before vacation. After vacation, school begins again. What fun!

I hope to finally get some before and after pictures posted soon, since it has taken us almost a year to get the house in order and mostly the way we want it. I'm a painting machine right now. I can't wait until next summer to truly get some time to relax and not have to worry about too much painting or organizing. Wish me luck!

No comments: