Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Need Advice

Somebody, please help me! I don't know what to do.

So, here is the series of events. We finally made our 3 year old get rid of his pacifier (only to sleep with since he was at least 2) just before his 3rd birthday. He still doesn't sleep well. Therefore, he gets up earlier in the morning than he needs to, and he is not napping as he needs to. Someone might say, well maybe he doesn't need a nap. OH, no, no, no, no, no, no! The past few days he has been throwing incredible screaming/flailing "I'm not going to be happy with ANYTHING!" fits. I can't do anything to help him calm down. Trust me. Usually when they come on, I am calm, cool, and collected and rarely raise my voice. I don't give into his whinings, though. He won't take a nap unless I lay down with him until he goes to sleep. Otherwise, he will just play quietly in his bedroom. Then, he will be in a horrible mood later. I can't get him to sleep enough. I don't want to start where he has to have someone lay down with him to go to sleep, but he NEEDS to sleep, and I need him to sleep!

I need good advice, please!!!

No comments: