Pages

Friday, December 01, 2006

Praise the Lord!

I have neglected to brag on my son this week. On Monday night, Malachi and I were having dinner with Grammy and Grandpa while Daniel was at work. Let me track back a little bit first. You see, Daniel and I have been teaching Malachi to raise both his hands up to the sky and "Praise the Lord!" Moving back to present...We were sitting down eating Chinese. Malachi has been on strike for eating a lot of foods, but he decided he would eat some fried rice. I was so excited that I said, "Praise the Lord! He's eating something different!" At the instant I finished saying, "Praise the Lord," Malachi threw his hands up in the air and smiled his big smile. We were all so proud of him, he began to clap.

Later during the meal, Grammy had some water go down the wrong pipe. She raised her arms to try to clear the airway. Malachi looked right at her, raised his hands and said three unintelligible syllables meant to be "Praise the Lord!" I kid you not. If he had the capabilities, he would have said the phrase. He tried his hardest to get it out. I can't tell you how proud and excited I was!

He is trying so hard to talk now. Most of the time, I can't understand what he is saying, but he is coming a long way. He can say "apple, Mom, Dad," and "hey." He doesn't always say them at the right times, but I also know that he is a toddler. When he only can say a few syllables, he doesn't always say what I want him to do.

No comments: