Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Dear Malachi,

I don't think that I truly understood how fast you would grow up. You understand so much more than I give you credit for. Mommy is still your favorite person, but Daddy is definitely a close second. You get to spend whole days hanging with your Daddy, and you are always in a better mood and have a lot of fun because of it. You also love to play outside. It is a blessing that the weather has been so mild the past few weeks. You love to ride on the bicycle with your dad. You love to throw and kick around a soccer ball and football. When you fall, you just get back up again. You have become a tough boy already.

You love electronic devices. Just the other day, you leaned over to the bedside table, grabbed the remote, turned on the TV, and leaned back on
the pillows (just like Mommy and Daddy). It was precious. Playing the piano in the study has also become a favorite pastime. Sometimes it does sound a lot like music.

Clothes are sometimes overrated in your book, but that's ok. As long as streaking is reserved for at home, we'll come out of it eventually. As much as you love books, you'd think that you could actually read them. Sometimes you "read" the contents out loud to me. I know that you already know which way the pictures and letters should go. You always know when the book is upside down and adjust accordingly.

Even though your life will change in 2-3 months, I feel that you will be just fine. This weekend, you gave a 4 month old baby his own pacifier without attempting to put it in your mouth. You also wanted to share your soy milk
with that baby. Most of the time if I ask you to kiss the baby (doll in the grocery cart), you will. I have a feeling that you will make the transition to being a big brother well. I have confidence in God's plan and in your upcoming independence. Each day you amaze me and bring so much joy to my life. How could we do without you? I don't miss the time in our lives when you were not around. Each day I look forward to meeting you at home or in the parking lot and going home to play.

When all these changes happen, remember that I will always love you. I will try my best to keep our traditions at bedtime. I think that those things will help keep you on track. I love cuddling with you before bed and reading Bible stories. Don't ever forget how much that I love you (and your Daddy, too)!

Mom

No comments: