Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Prayer Request

I just wanted to ask you all to pray for Malachi in the coming week. He will be going in Tuesday (Nov. 15th) for minor surgery. It seems pretty routine, but it's not routine to me. He will have to have the little thing that connects the tongue to the bottom of the mouth cut. He will not be sedated, but he will have local anesthesia (spelling?) in his mouth. They made it sound like all they have to do is snip it once it is numb. I am a little scared for Malachi, but I know that God will take care of him. I will probably cry often during and after the procedue. This procedure is necessary and will help him in the long run. He will be able to stick his tongue out at people after the surgery! He will most likely not have any speech problems. His continual drooling may die down. He will be able to eat better, too. He is technically "tongue-tied" now but not for long!

I am just praising the Lord that our photographer noticed this problem and pointed it out to us. It is amazing how God puts people in your path to bring things about. I hate to put
my baby through this pain, but it is much better to do this now than later. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you all for your love and support!

1 comment:

Erin said...

You will be surprised at how well you'll hold up on the actual day. I didn't cry a drop when Callie had her IV even though I was in the room and I was an emotional wreck. God does amazing things when you least exepct it. :) We will definitely be praying for all three of you!