Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Praise the Lord!

Malachi came out of "surgery" just fine. Daniel was the brave parent that had to hold him and hold him down so that the doctor could do his job. Malchi's least favorite part was being restricted and having his mouth pried open. He screamed and fought back. The needle going into his mouth and the snip on his tongue did not seem to phase him much at all. A few minutes after the procedure he was even smiling a little. He wasn't giggling and laughing, but he wasn't crying either. He handled it very well. Neither Daniel or I cried either. Malachi even felt good enough to go down the hall and visit his great-grandpa who was getting ready to be discharged from the heart center.

He was so well-behaved and brave! What else should I expect, though. People were praying, and God was taking good care of his little boy. I wasn't even that worried. I knew that God was in control of the situation. I only missed a half day of work. It looks like I will be back to work in the morning. I'm not sure if that is a blessing or a curse :). Right now Malachi is sleeping on his Daddy's chest. He fell asleep on his Mommy while nursing. I ate dinner with him sleeping in my arms. Am I a true mom or what? Daniel is now taking in the cuddles from his little man.

I have even gotten a small glimpse of Malachi sticking his tongue out of his mouth. I'm sure that it is still numb, but he is already finding out what his newly freed tongue can do. Thank you all so much for your prayers!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Praise the Lord! I am glad things went so well. Be prepared to take pictures of him sticking his tongue out! :)