Pages

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sometimes I Just Want to Ask, "Why?"

Thursday during the day Ezekiel had a cough. He didn't cough that often, but it was a "nasty" cough. We figured he was getting a little cold, again. We put him to bed that evening, and he had a hard time sleeping. As the night went on, he had a hard time breathing. In the morning (Friday), I did a breathing treatment that we had leftover (from last month) with the nebulizer that we bought. The cough sounded better, and I was hoping that would help him on Friday. As the day wore on, he developed a fever and was having a much more difficult time breathing. Daniel took him to the doctor about 5pm. Once they listened to his lungs and saw his symptoms, they gave him another breathing treatment at the doc. office and sent us to the hospital for a chest x-ray. We got to the hospital where Malachi reminded us every 3.532 minutes that "I hungry, Mommy." Once we got "checked in." I told Daniel to take Malachi to get something to eat and get prescriptions filled for Z. I stayed with Z for the x-ray. There was a horrible contraption that we had to put him in to keep him still, but it didn't hurt him. He SCREAMED the whole time b/c he was tired, hungry, and felt HORRIBLE. We found out that he did have a respiratory infection (I guess, pretty much, pneumonia). So, he's on 3 breathing treatments a day, one of those has 2 liquids in them (which takes 3x as long) and antibiotics. I had to work on Saturday (to make up a "flood" day). Daniel had to go to a CPR class while I was at school. It was just what we didn't need to do on that Saturday.


It's just ironic how our 3 year old has all the allergies (dairy, egg, peanuts, dogs, cats, etc.) and has been relatively healthy (except for about 3-4 months right when Z was born). Our 1 year old has no known allergies but is sick almost all the times (tubes in the ears, breathing treatments, antibiotics). Go figure.

Sometimes I just want to ask God, "Why?". I know that its just a sickness, but it happens so often. He gets so sick, so easily. No, he hasn't been hospitalized, but we are struggling just to stay afloat financially and mentally with all the stress of a demanding job and a house and family. I don't regret any of those things, and I am extremely thankful for all of them. But I am in a continual state of "overwhelmed-ness." When will it end? Didn't we do everything correctly when raising him? Why us? Why now? Is a nervous breakdown on the horizon? I still trust God and his timing, but I'm running low on what I can handle. I know he's in control, so after my questions, I am comforted by God's grace and abundance. He's MORE than enough for me.

No comments: