Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Consignment Sale of the Season

Every spring and fall there is a church that does a HUGE children's consignment sale. I plan to go every year, and each year I get more and more pumped. I ended up spending $115. I pretty much outfitted Malachi for the winter and a few things for later when he grows. Included in that was $8 on a leg push car. It just needs two bolts with washers to hold the top part together. It is in pretty good shape (not faded) and rolls so well. It's been in the house since Friday night, but both the boys are having a blast with it.

Well, 2 girlfriends of mine met at the church to be in the first group to venture into the piles of clothes and other items. After the sale, we headed to a restaurant for a late-night dinner and conversation. I got home about 11:30pm with all my items. Most of them have now been washed and are in the boys' drawers. The proceeds from the church's sale each year goes to their missions program. What a great idea! It takes a TON of volunteers, but I am sooo thankful that they do it and that the profits go towards my heart...missions. I never pay more than $3 per item, and you can't beat that with a stick!

Thanks to my friends, J & L, for meeting me and enjoying a girls' night with me. After the past few weeks at work, I needed that break. AND the boys got to spend that night with the grandparents to give Daddy a much needed break, and Daniel & I got to enjoy getting up on our own time and having breakfast, just the two of us. It has been a rejuvenating weekend. Praise the Lord for this wonderful time!

No comments: