Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daniel!

I know that your birthday was yesterday, but we were all kind of busy. We did "celebrate" last night, and you opened your present and had cake. I'm sorry this is coming a little late. Yay! You are 30 (gasp)!!!

This past weekend I set Malachi up for a "cute" moment. We had planned on buying Daniel a cake from a place in K-town called The Party House. They have the nice, sweet, very sugary icing that we like and moist cake. Anywho, Daniel was sitting in the other room with Ezekiel, and Malachi was "helping" me cook. So, I told Malachi that we had a "surprise" for Daddy, and that surprise was a cake. I told him not to tell Daddy because it was a "secret, shhhh." He was excited about it and repeated the phrase several times. Then I would say, "shhhh. Don't tell Daddy about his surprise. It's a secret." After our little "discussion," Malachi left me to go hide. He was thinking of the surprise that he gets when we play hide and seek. He kept saying, "My hide." He was going to his bedroom. Daniel asked him what he was doing. So, Malachi told his Daddy that he was hiding for the surprise. Daniel asked him what the surprise was, and he responded in saying that it was going to be Daddy's birthday & that we would be buying him a cake.

It was absolutely hilarious! Sorry, kid. I just couldn't resist and see what our 2 1/2 year old would do. You are so sweet and innocent!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Daniel! Sorry we didn't tell you on Wednesday. We hope you had a great day!

Love, J, E, and the girls