Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Dear Malachi,

I have really enjoyed spending time with you this week. I've been off for my Spring Break. We have been able to play outside together, have lunch together, and take special trips together (most of them with Z, too). You are talking sooo much better each week. You love life and live it large! You have an impressive imagination. Anything can become an animal or any cup can become coffee to share. You are also an incredibly well behaved little boy. I am amazed at times at how well you listen and follow directions for being 2 years, 8 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (according to your Lilypie ticker). When I get you out of the car and then we walk over to get Z, you always wait for me to grab your hand before walking around the car. You wait for me to get Z out and then grab my hand again. When Ezekiel is crying in the car, you will usually try to do something to make him laugh.

You are Mommy's little helper. You will throw things away when asked, put things away, get things out. You also love to sing with me. You will sing my favorite songs when they come on the radio, and you'll sing the A-B Song with me as well as others. I've just had an absolute blast lately. After we get past a few hours of you forgetting that you can't get away with certain things with Mommy & Daddy, you will gladly oblige and listen later. We typically do a short time-out with you in your room/bed when needed. It usually works.


The way that you talk, play, and act now really makes me proud as a parent to be your Mom. I know that I can't take credit for most of it. All the glory goes to God and blessing us with an incredible son! Thursday night you and I ran out to Babies R Us to use a coupon about to expire. We took Daddy's car, and I rolled down the window for you. You put your hand on the door and let the wind blow through your hair. You enjoyed just taking it all in. You were so well behaved in the store, and you tried on a couple of pairs of shoes for me. On the way home, I just wanted to do something special for you, so we stopped at Sonic and got you a "special drink." You would have thought I bought you the world. You were so excited to have your special drink and kept talking about it.

I just kept looking back at you and realizing what I hadn't before. It was then that I understood. You see, your Grandpa occasionally will get this far-off look in his eyes (like he's proud, about to cry, and jump out of his skin with joy, all at the same time) when he looks at me or you or Z. That evening I finally got it. It's like I could just pinch your cheeks and hug all over you all day long and that it wouldn't be enough. I am so proud of who you are, so overjoyed that you are in my life, and about to cry when I think of how far you have come and how much farther you have to go. I love you so very much, but I don't know how else to say it or explain truly how I feel.

Thank you for being an incredible little boy! We'll keep playing your "songs" on DVD, especially the Jubilee song. My prayer always has and will be that you become and incredible man of God, and I hope that we are doing all that we can to set that example and raise you up in a Godly manner. You are my first born (and probably the most like me---between you and Z). I love you!

-Momma

No comments: