Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dear Malachi,

I love you soooo much! I know that I say this every time, but you continue to amaze me at how quickly you pick up on things. After you have spent a whole day with me and/or your Daddy, you listen so much better just due to being the 2 who brought you here and the main disciplinarians (as it should be). You are pretty flexible, but you do much better on a schedule.

You love life to the fullest. Running, laughing, and playing are all #1 on your list. Your motto should be, "Go big, or Go home!" I love to hear your laugh and see your smile. It is extremely contagious.
You have begun to really be jealous of your little brother. It started about a month ago but has taken on different stages. For about 3 days, you felt like you needed to hit Ezekiel when things were not going your way. Now, its ok most of the time. You typically get jealous when Z is being held and you're not. You will sometimes take his "bop" out of his mouth just for kicks and "hide" it behind your back (kind of like we take some things from you so you won't grab it from our hands). Most of the time, when your Daddy or I are holding Z, you try to jump up in our laps beside him and sometimes push him out.

I had a "Momma moment" a few weeks ago. I was tickling you and just realized that you weren't a baby like your brother anymore. I wanted to cry amidst the laughs while the tickling continue to ensue. I look at your 1 year picture on my desk and realize that you are the same kid---just bigger, louder, and prouder.
I love you, forever, and I can't wait to see you reach your 3rd birthday!

No comments: