Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Rolling Over


Two weeks ago (on a Saturday morning) Ezekiel rolled over from his back to his tummy. I was in the bathroom getting ready after my shower, and he was just hanging out on the rug. The next thing I know, Z is laying on his tummy, when I know that I had put him on his back to play.

A few nights before, while Ezekiel was in his crib, he rolled from his tummy to his back. I had to do a double take and think. It was around 3 am, so I wasn't thinking too clearly, but I had to think. Yes, I had put him on his tummy to sleep. I had let him make noise in his crib for awhile (hoping he would go back to sleep). He was able to get himself o
nto his back, and when Z is on his back, he is NOT sleeping at all. He has done that a few more times in his crib. I still haven't witnessed him go from tummy to back, but that's ok.

He is rolling from back to tummy all the time. I put him on his back, and give him a few minutes, and he's on his tummy. The boy really quite despises his back. IF he falls asleep in the car in his carseat, give him 2 minutes after getting out, and he's awake (screaming).

I don't remember Malachi rolling over that soon, but Ezekiel will probably do a lot of stuff sooner than his older brother did. I think that is the course for the second child. Ezekiel doesn't cry nearly as much as he used to, but its still more than I remember with Malachi. However, he sleeps more than Malachi ever did. So, when Z is awake, he likes to be held. He is so sweet and cuddly when he is awake.

No comments: