Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dear Ezekiel,

You are 4 months old today. We had a relatively uneventful day. Now that I am home with you all day long, I was able to quickly figure out your schedule. You take three naps a day, and sleep for awhile at night. About a month ago you started waking up 3-5 times a night instead of 1-2. You easily go back to sleep, though, when nursed. I have tried other methods but none of them have been too successful. We really need to move into our house, so you can have your own space to cry or rock with me. We're hoping to be moved in about 2-3 weeks. I think you'll share your bedroom with the office.You roll over from your back to belly like a champ and are getting better from rolling belly to back. You are getting more "personality" and cuter and cuter by the day. You smile more than you used to. About a week ago, you laughed for the first time. You don't typically laugh for me, but you love to laugh for your Daddy. Just last night, you started laughing at him when he wasn't even trying to make you laugh. Most of the time, your laugh sounds kind of like a muffled, squelched "he, he, he."

We got out your exersaucer yesterday. You seem to like to be "standing" upright, and your big brother loves to show you how to play with all the toys. Most of the time, however, you focus in on the little cat that has a bell inside. I have thoroughly enjoyed the past few days at home with you and am looking forward to the rest of the summer. It is a wonderful thing to think that I don't have to worry about bottles for the next two months.

You still cry a lot, but I have learned to cope and to realize that it's ok to let you cry sometimes. I can't wait to see you continue to grow. I love you little "squirmy wormy!"
Momma
You love your toes!

No comments: