Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2007

No Baby Yet

On my last post, I mentioned that I was having contractions. Apparently, I am having "Braxton Hicks" contractions. I don't believe in BH contractions. A contraction is a contraction is a contraction. Anywho, when I went to the doctor Thursday afternoon I was not dilated any. This is good news for the baby (whose name you will find out very soon). He needs to bake a little bit longer. I am a firm believer in letting the child bake as long as necessary. I am totally not in favor of inducing labor. Well, it looks like I will be enduring contractions for the next few weeks. I have a feeling that I will go early, but I don't think it will be more than two weeks early. So, I am giving myself 2-3.5 weeks. We'll see what God's plan is for this little boy. Thankfully my contractions are not unbearable. They are pretty easy to deal with most of the time, but they are more frequent the more active I am. This morning I was in "nesting" mode and did way too much. This evening my contractions were more frequent and a little bit more difficult. I just feel like an invalid, but Daniel reminds me that I just need to "take it easy."

At the beginning of this week, our baby boy also dropped farther down. Now, my pants won't stay up and my shirts won't go down far enough. This leaves me with even less to wear. At least I'm not swollen and am not on bed rest. Praise the Lord that he has truly taken care of both of us.

Random recent pictures of Malachi (our big boy)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I had contractions with Callie that would get worse the more active I became. Which was why I was put on bed rest! Well, that and the fact that I was dilating. But anyway, I know it's hard. And annoying to deal with. I can't wait to meet him, whenever he makes his debut!

Anonymous said...

Morgan, you guys are so precious to us! We can't wait to see the new little one. Please let us know when there is anything we can do to help!

Janette