Pages

Friday, December 23, 2005

A Little Bumped and Bruised

Yesterday, after arriving at Josh and Erin's house, Malachi and I took a fall down the stairs. Thankfully I was the only one harmed. I tripped down the last two steps while holding Malachi. As I was hitting the steps, I dropped our little boy. He gently rolled out of my arms and onto the hardwood floor (or so observers have reported). He was much more stunned than hurt. He landed face first on the floor and lightly knicked his head on the corner of the wall. He had a tiny little pink bump on his forehead that was gone in a few hours. He only cried for about 2 minutes and then proceeded to smile and laugh until nap time. Jesus was looking out for our little boy, just like always.

I, on the other hand, was not in such great shape. I have 3 huge bruises. One on each arm where they tried to cushion my fall, and the other is located on my sitting cushion! It is a little uncomfortable to sit and rest my arms on things, but otherwise everyone is ok.

We didn't have to take a trip to the doctor or ER or anything. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: